What will you get when you buy Snake Plant online from eTree.pk:
- Snake Plant, Sansevieria trifasciata, Sansevieria zeylanica Plant
- 5 inch Grower Round Plastic Pot
- Life-time expert support to answer any of your questions regarding your plant
Snake Plant, Sansevieria trifasciata, Sansevieria zeylanica
- Snake plants, also known as Mother-in-Law’s Tongue and Sansevieria, are one of the easiest house plants to take care of. This succulent plant is very forgiving and perfect for beginners. Here’s how to care for a snake plant in your home!
- Too much water is one of the few things that can kill this plant. Soggy soil will cause root rot. it can be grown outdoors as well.
- The Snake plant purifies the air by absorbing toxins through the leaves and producing pure oxygen. In fact, Sansevieria is an ideal houseplant.
- Common name(s): Snake plant, mother-in-law tongue, the tongue of a devil
- Flower colors: Greenish-white
- Bloom time: Spring, Summer
- Max reachable height: Up to 4 feet
- Difficulty to grow: Easy to grow
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Do not overwater suddenly, check the moisture in the soil first. If too dry then apply water gradually.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Gradually move it to a more bright location.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
HOW TO PLANT SNAKE PLANTS
- Use a well-draining potting mix.
- A succulent mix is ideal, as it will resist becoming oversaturated with water.
- When planting, don’t bury the plant too deep.
- It should be planted as deep as it had been in its prior container.
CHOOSING A LOCATION
- Snake plants prefer bright, indirect light and can even tolerate some direct sunlight. However, they also grow well (albeit more slowly) in shady corners and other low-light areas of the home.
- Keep the plant in a warm spot with temperatures above 50°F (10°C). In the winter, be sure to protect it from drafty windows.
HOW TO CARE FOR SNAKE PLANTS
- Let the soil dry between waterings.
- Water from the bottom of the pot, if possible. This encourages the roots to grow downward, helping to stabilize the thick, tall leaves.
- During the winter, water only about once a month.
- Wipe leaves with a damp cloth as needed to remove dust.
- In good conditions, snake plants are rapid growers and may need to be divided annually.
- Divide and repot in the spring. Cut out a section containing both leaves and roots and place in a pot with well-draining potting mix.
- If the plant is pot bound, it will flower occasionally. Fragrant, greenish-white flower clusters appear on tall spikes.
- This snake plant survives in the outer as well as the indoor condition.
- Keep the plant in partial sunlight area.
- Also, keep the plant indoor condition where the bright light is available.
- Use nutrient-rich, well-drained, well-aerated, and porous potting mix.
- Water Snake plant when the topsoil in the pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
Application of Fertilizer:
- Apply fertilizer a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots so the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When snake plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in a shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
RESCUING A SNAKE PLANT AND DISEASES
Pests and Diseases:
- Root rot due to overwatering is the most common issue.
- If this occurs, remove any dying leaves and allow the plant to dry out more than usual.
- Snake plants are resilient and typically recover.
- However, if the plant continues to die, remove it from its pot, discard of any rotted roots and leaves, and repot in fresh soil.
Special features: Air purifier indoor plant
Ornamental use: They are excellent in a grouping and will grow equally well on the floor or on table-top displays.
WIT & WISDOM:
After knowing how easy it is to care for this amazing plant, don’t you think its time to buy snake plant online from etree.pk now.