What will you get when you buy Snake Plant online from eTree.pk:
- Snake Plant, Sansevieria trifasciata, Sansevieria zeylanica Plant
- 5 inch Grower Round Plastic Pot
- Life-time expert support to answer any of your questions regarding your plant
- eTree’s Safe Delivery Warranty
Plant height: 12-24 inches (31 – 61 cm)Plant spread: 6-12 inches (15 – 31 cm)*Please expect a +/- 10% Variation as plants are living beings and vary in size and shape
Snake Plant, Sansevieria trifasciata, Sansevieria zeylanica
- Snake plants, also known as Mother-in-Law’s Tongue and Sansevieria, are one of the easiest house plants to take care of. This succulent plant is very forgiving and perfect for beginners. Here’s how to care for a snake plant in your home!
- Too much water is one of the few things that can kill this plant. Soggy soil will cause root rot. it can be grown outdoors as well.
- The Snake plant purifies the air by absorbing toxins through the leaves and producing pure oxygen. In fact, Sansevieria is an ideal houseplant.
- Common name(s): Snake plant, mother-in-law tongue, the tongue of a devil
- Flower colors: Greenish-white
- Bloom time: Spring, Summer
- Max reachable height: Up to 4 feet
- Difficulty to grow: Easy to grow
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Do not overwater suddenly, check the moisture in the soil first. If too dry then apply water gradually.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Gradually move it to a more bright location.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
HOW TO PLANT SNAKE PLANTS
- Use a well-draining potting mix.
- A succulent mix is ideal, as it will resist becoming oversaturated with water.
- When planting, don’t bury the plant too deep.
- It should be planted as deep as it had been in its prior container.
CHOOSING A LOCATION
- Snake plants prefer bright, indirect light and can even tolerate some direct sunlight. However, they also grow well (albeit more slowly) in shady corners and other low-light areas of the home.
- Keep the plant in a warm spot with temperatures above 50°F (10°C). In the winter, be sure to protect it from drafty windows.
HOW TO CARE FOR SNAKE PLANTS
- Let the soil dry between waterings.
- Water from the bottom of the pot, if possible. This encourages the roots to grow downward, helping to stabilize the thick, tall leaves.
- During the winter, water only about once a month.
- Wipe leaves with a damp cloth as needed to remove dust.
- In good conditions, snake plants are rapid growers and may need to be divided annually.
- Divide and repot in the spring. Cut out a section containing both leaves and roots and place in a pot with well-draining potting mix.
- If the plant is pot bound, it will flower occasionally. Fragrant, greenish-white flower clusters appear on tall spikes.
- This snake plant survives in the outer as well as the indoor condition.
- Keep the plant in partial sunlight area.
- Also, keep the plant indoor condition where the bright light is available.
- Use nutrient-rich, well-drained, well-aerated, and porous potting mix.
- Water Snake plant when the topsoil in the pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
Application of Fertilizer:
- Apply fertilizer a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots so the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When snake plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in a shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
RESCUING A SNAKE PLANT AND DISEASES
Pests and Diseases:
- Root rot due to overwatering is the most common issue.
- If this occurs, remove any dying leaves and allow the plant to dry out more than usual.
- Snake plants are resilient and typically recover.
- However, if the plant continues to die, remove it from its pot, discard of any rotted roots and leaves, and repot in fresh soil.
Special features: Air purifier indoor plant
Ornamental use: They are excellent in a grouping and will grow equally well on the floor or on table-top displays.
WIT & WISDOM:
- Snake plants, along with spider plants and peace lilies, are effective at cleaning the air, removing toxins such as formaldehyde.
- Sansevieria trifasciata, a native of tropical Africa, yields a strong plant fiber and was once used to make bow strings for hunting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Snake plants clean the air?
Yes, according to NASA Snake plant is one of the best air-purifying plants.
Is Snake plant a cactus?
No, Snake Plant is a very common succulent.
What do Snake plants look like?
It is also known as mother-in-laws tongue because it look likes a tongue. The Snake plant is tall or short, with flat or slightly concave leaves, and variegated with dark green, silver, light green, yellow and white.
What are Snake plants good for?
According to NASA, Snake plant cleans the air, it is one of the best air-purifying plants. As well as It makes an elegant tabletop or office desk plant.
Why do Snake plants turn yellow?
Snake plant leaves turn yellow mainly because of moisture stress, which can be from either over-watering or under-watering. As many plants age, the lower leaves will turn yellow and drop off. This is simply a normal part of their growth. Plants that receive too little light will often start to yellow on the lower leaves. Plant leaves may also turn yellow if a plant is not receiving all of the nutrients it requires.
Does Snake plant have flowers?
Yes, but Snake plants rarely produce flowers.
Do Snake plants need a lot of light?
No, Snake plants require less light, ideally Snake plant needs indirect bright sunlight.
Is Snake plant an indoor plant?
Yes, Snake plant is an indoor plant and grows best at a location that receives natural indirect/artificial bright light.
Do Snake plants help you sleep?
As per published research Snake plants increase the oxygen in your room and help you get a more restful sleep.
Do Snake plants need fertilizer?
Snake plant doesnt require much fertilizer but will grow a little more if it is fertilized a couple of times during the spring(February-March) and summer(April-June).
How to Snake plants propagate?
You can propagate the Snake plant through cutting. 1. To grow plant in pot, choose a pot having of 4-inch upper diameter and drainage holes. 2. Fill the 1/3 pot with well-drained soil rich in organic content and place the 8-10 cm long cuttings in the center of the pot. 3. Fill the remaining pot with same soil. 4. Keep the plant in indirect bright light location.
Will Snake plant grow in full sun?
Snake plant will grow in full sunlight but protect the plant from direct harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
How often should Snake plants be watered?
Apply water when the topsoil (3-4 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch.
Do Snake plants need drainage?
Yes, Snake plant requires good drainage because Snake plants dont require too much water and if there is no drainage the logged water will cause root rot.
When do Snake plants bloom?
Snake plant rarely blooms in the spring(February-March)time.
Can Snake plants grow in water?
Yes, Snake plant also grows in Water, but the life span will get reduced if Snake plant is grown in the water.
Do Snake plants like humidity?
Yes, the Snake plant requires a low humidity level.
Is Snake plant good feng shui?
No, Snake plant is not Feng Shui but it is NASA recommended best air purifier plant.
Dwarf Snake Plant ( Imported )
After knowing how easy it is to care for this amazing plant, don’t you think its time to buy snake plant online from etree.pk now.
There are no reviews yet.