What will you get when you buy Peace Lily online from eTree.pk:
Introduction of Peace Lily, Spathiphyllum
Plant spread: 6 – 12 inches (20 – 30 cm)
Peace Lily, is a very popular indoor houseplant. It is a clump-growing herbaceous perennial which produces white flowers which look like the hood of a cobra. Leaves are shiny and glossy, attractive even with no spathes.
Peace lilies are sturdy plants with glossy, dark green oval leaves that narrow to a point. The leaves rise directly from the soil. The long-lasting flowers start out pale green and slowly turn creamy white as they open.
Planting and care
Consider the below points to keep the plant healthy after receiving:
- Allow the plant to settle at your location.
- Do not water the plant right after receiving, check the moisture in the soil first. If too dry then apply water gradually.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light.
- Peace lily plant survives best in indoor conditions with bright indirect light.
- Gradually move it to a more bright location if needed.
- Protect Peace lily plant from direct sunlight.
Caring for Peace Lily
- Keep the plant indoor with bright indirect light.
- Protect the Peace lily plant from direct sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well-drained and fertile for growing Peace lily plants.
- Water the plant when the topsoil (2-3 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not ever overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season (April – August) feed the Peace lily plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in a shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Peace Lily:
Special features: One of the rare indoor flowering plant and excellent air purifying plant.
Ornamental use: It makes an excellent container or house plant.
“A variation in size can occur depending on season from 15-20% of the the minimum size quoted above.”
Similar Plants with Low Maintenance:
More Indoor Plants:
After knowing how easy it is to care for this gorgeous indoor flowering plant, don’t you think its time to buy peace lily online from etree.pk now.