What will you get, When you buy Boston Fern online from eTree
Description for Nephrolepis exaltata bosteniensis, Boston Fern
The Boston fern is one of the most well-known ferns and admired for its desirable traits as a houseplant. An added bonus is that Boston ferns can be displayed in any number of ways, including on pedestals, in hanging baskets, as part of a grouping, or as lush specimen plants on the right windowsill. Boston ferns are typically attractive, with long, graceful fronds bedecked with tiny leaves. It is a relatively tough fern, with a higher tolerance for light than other species, and as far as ferns go, they are more tolerant of dry conditions and easy to propagate.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after you bought Boston fern online
- Do not overwater suddenly, check the moisture in the soil first. If too dry then apply water gradually.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Gradually move it to a more bright location.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep the Bosten Fern healthy:
Sunlight: Bright indirect light.
Soil: Nutrient-rich loamy soil
Temperature: 15 – 27 degrees Celsius.
Caring for Nephrolepis exaltata bosteniensis
- Keep the plant in partial sunlight area.
- Also, keep the plant indoor condition where the bright light is available.
- Use nutrient-rich, well-drained, well aerated, and porous potting mix.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
Application of Fertilizer:
- Apply fertilizer mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots so the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
Typical uses of Nephrolepis exaltata bosteniensis
Special features: The NASA Clean Air Study determined that this plant was effective at removing common household air toxins formaldehyde and xylene.
Ornamental use: Can be grown indoors and outdoor as a potted plant or on the garden. It can also be grown on a hanging basket.
Silver Tree Fern | Fish Tail Fern | Nephrolepis Accuminata
After getting to know this amazing plant, Don’t you think, It’s time to buy Boston Fern online from eTree
There are no reviews yet.