What will you get when you buy bird of paradise online from eTree.pk
Description for Bird of Paradise
Interesting Fact: Bird of Paradise (Strelitzia) is a tropical evergreen that features colorful flowers reminiscent of tropical birds.
It flowers come in a variety of colors. The flowers emerge from stiff, greenish to reddish-purple, beak-like spathes on long, stout stalks above the foliage. The tough, leathery, green leaves are similar to bananas and are attractive as well. The large leaves range between 12 and 18 inches long.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Do not overwater suddenly, check the moisture in the soil first. If too dry then apply water gradually.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Gradually move it to more bright location.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Caring for Bird of Paradise
- Keep the plant in full to partial sunlight area.
- Use nutrient rich, well drained, well aereted, and porous potting mix.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
Application of Fertilizer:
- Apply fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots to the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Bird of Paradise
Special features: Dramatic flowers
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
Don’t you think it’s time to buy bird of paradise online from eTree.pk after getting to know this amazing plant.