What will you get, when you buy Alocasia online from eTree.pk:
Alocasia hybrid purchases it’s all about the unusual and unique alien-looking leaves. Elephant ear plants (Alocasia spp.) received their common name because their leaves look like green renditions of elephant ears. The plants can be kept indoors as house plants or grown outdoors.
The Elephant Ear plant is a Herbaceous Perennial, meaning that they grow from non-woody stems and will re-bloom each year. It is a robust rhizomatous evergreen perennial with dark green, narrowly arrow-shaped, wavy-edged leaves, up to 2 ft. long (60 cm), adorned with ribs and margins marked in bright creamy white.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Do not overwater suddenly, check the moisture in the soil first. If too dry then apply water gradually.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Gradually move it to more bright location.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Caring for Alocasia Hybrid
- Keep the plant in indirect bright sunlight or partial sunlight area.
- This Alocasia plant survives in the outer as well as the indoor condition, just protect from the harsh sunlight.
- Use nutrient rich, well drained, well aereted, and porous potting mix.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in the pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
Application of Fertilizer:
- Apply fertilizer mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots so the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in a shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Alocasia Hybrid
Special features: Unusual and unique alien-looking leaves
Ornamental use: These are tropical plants of the Arum family that are treasured for their decorative leaves.
More Indoor Plants:
After knowing how easy it is to care for this gorgeous indoor flowering plant, don’t you think its time to buy Alocasia online from etree.pk now.