What will you get, when you buy Croton online from eTree:
- Living Room Ready Croton Variegatum Magnificent, Codiaeum Variegatum Magnificent Plant
- 5 inch Round Plastic Poth
- Lifetime eTree’s Expert Support
- eTree’s Safe Delivery Guarantee
Croton has brilliant shades of red, orange, pink and yellow spattered across the leaves. Occasionally there will be bits of bronze or a purplish hue as well. It is truly magnificent, just as its name implies. Crotons offer a splash of color to any environment. With thick, leathery leaves that have a shiny surface and that grow in a wide variety of colors, they are admired as an ornamental. Croton even flowers, with both male and female flowers on a given plant but their inflorescence pales in comparison to the red, orange, yellow, black, even green or bluish-purple hues that the leaves of Croton plant produce.
Planting and care for Croton
Croton is propagated by stem cutting and air layering.
1. Stem Cuttings Propagation by rooting a stem from a healthy, mature plant is a method commonly used to propagate croton and many other houseplants. Rooting involves cutting a stem with at least three sets of leaves. A wound is created by removing the bottom set of leaves, and new roots form at the wound site. The stem is planted in a container filled with the lightweight potting mixture and then covered with plastic to create a greenhouse atmosphere.
2. Air Layering Air layering is a propagation technique in which a stem is rooted while it’s still attached to the croton plant. The process involves making a diagonal cut through one-third to one-half the diameter of the stem. The wound is treated with rooting hormone and kept open with a piece of toothpick or matchstick. Damp sphagnum moss is packed around the area, with the moss carefully covered with plastic wrap. When the stem roots, it is planted in a container filled with lightweight potting soil or a mixture of ingredients such as perlite, sand and peat moss, suitable for croton.
Caring for Croton Variegatum ( What to do after purchasing croton online?)
- When you buy Croton online from eTree, It will come in a living room ready condition with a proper pot. All you have to do is keep it in indirect bright light.
- Croton likes bright sunlight but benefits from partial or filtered shade during hot summer afternoons. Too much sunlight bleaches the colors in the leaves.
- Water croton until water trickles through the drainage hole when the top of the soil feels dry, and then allow the pot to drain freely.
- Croton is a light feeder that benefits from a monthly fertilization schedule. Use an organic fertilizer.
- Re-pot indoor crotons every two years to encourage healthy growth.
Typical uses of Croton Variegatum Magnificent
Special features: The colourful foliage and air purification ability of Croton
Ornamental use: Croton can be used for Container, Foundation, Hedges, Houseplant, Mixed Border, Screening, etc.
Browse More Plants Similar to Croton:
All Foliage Plants | Aglaonema | Peace Lily
References for Croton
After getting to know this amazing plant, Don’t you think it’s time to buy Croton online from eTree
There are no reviews yet.