What will you get when you buy Parlour Palm online at eTree:
- 01 Parlour Palm Plant | Parlor Palm
- 01 6 inch Round Plastic Pot (Red)
Chamaedorea Elegans, Parlour Palm (Parlor Palm)
Chamaedorea palm ( Parlor Palm ) is one of the most widely used indoor gardenings for bright interiors. Handsome, arching, green pinnate leaves, with 12 or more pairs of narrow leaflets per leaf, lend a tropical flair to indoor locations.
Parlor palm is a small, compact, usually single-trunked palm. Clusters of yellow flowers in loose spirals may bloom in spring if enough light is present. Plants are dioecious. Leaves 5-8, spreading, pinnate; sheath 8-20 cm long, very obliquely open nearly to the base and tubular only in lower 1/3, short ligule apically on either side of the petiole.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving parlour palm at your location:
- Do not overwater suddenly, check the moisture in the soil first. If too dry then apply water gradually.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Gradually move it to a more bright location.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep the plant healthy:
Soil: Nutrient-rich loamy soil
Temperature: 20 to 35 degree Celsius
Fertilizer: Apply organic fertilizer
Caring for Chamaedorea elegans
Sunlight for Parlour Palm:
- Keep the plant in partial sunlight area.
- Also, keep the plant indoor condition where the 2 to 3 hours of sunlight is available, just avoid the dark area.
Soil for Parlour Palm:
- Use nutrient rich, well drained, well aereted, and porous potting mix.
Watering requirements for Parlour Palm:
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
Application of Fertilizer:
- Apply fertilizer mostly in the spring and early monsoon season for the parlour palm.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots so the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
Re-potting Parlour Palm:
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in a shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the parlour palm to its required light condition.
Parlour Palm Protection:
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
- For any insect attack or disease of parlor palm, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Chamaedorea elegans ( Parlour Palm | Parlor Palm )
Special features: Chamaedorae palm is an air purifier indoor plant.
Ornamental use: This is one of the most useful Palms for landscape gardening.
After knowing how easy it is to care for this elegant indoor palm plant, don’t you think its time to buy parlour palm online from etree.pk now.