What will you get, when you buy Dracaena Online from eTree:
Dracaena Marginata, is a popular indoor plant originally from East Africa that is often used to adorn homes and offices. It is an attractive, stiff-leaved plant with colorful foliage that sometimes goes by the name dragon tree.
Dracaena Marginata is a very popular houseplant. Slender gray upright stems are topped by tufts of arching, glossy, sword-shaped leaves. Leaves are deep green with narrow reddish edges. Lower leaves fall off with age leaving distinctive diamond-shaped leaf scars on the stems.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Allow your plants to settle to your location first after receiving it.
- Do not overwater them suddenly.
- Check the moisture in the soil. If it is too dry then apply water gently.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Gradually move it to a more bright location.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep the plant healthy:
Caring for Marginata
- Place your plant in a place that receives indirect bright light.
- It requires well-drained soil rich in organic matter.
- Water only when the soil feels dry to touch.
- The soil must never be allowed to dry out completely.
Application of Fertilizer
- Apply organic fertilizers during spring and rainy season.
- Loosen the soil without damaging the roots. It will help the plant to uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in a shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in the required light condition.
- Wipe the dust from the leaves with a clean, damp cloth.
- Remove dead, decay and infected part of the plant.
- For insect attack apply neem oil or any organic insecticide.
Typical uses of Marginata
Special features: NASA lists Dracaena marginata as an air purifier houseplant.
Ornamental use: Used as an indoor plant in home and offices.