What will you get when you buy Monstera online at eTree.pk:
- Monstera deliciosa Plant
- 6 inch (15 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot
- Lifetime Expert Customer support
- eTree’s Safe Delivery Promise
Monstera features big (2-foot-wide) leaves that look like they have holes or cuts in them, giving rise to two of its other common names: Swiss cheese plant and split-leaf philodendron. While young, this houseplant has a dense, bushy shape, but as it grows, it wants to vine out.
Monstera can be kept with regular pruning, or let it climb up vertical support (such as fishing line fastened into the ceiling), for a decidedly bold and tropical look.
Planting and care for your newly purchased Monstera
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving Monstera at your location:
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep Monstera healthy:
Caring for Monstera deliciosa
Sunlight for monstera
- Keep Monstera indoors or outdoors in bright light or direct morning sunlight at least 3 to 4 hours.
- Protect the Monstera plant from harsh direct sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well-drained and fertile for growing the Monstera plant.
- Water the Monstera when the topsoil (2-3 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not ever overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer for Monstera
- During the main growing season (April – August) feed the Monstera plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep Monstera in a shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Large leaves can collect dust. If you notice the leaves are dirty or dusty, wipe the leaves with a damp cloth and gently dry to keep them clean and healthy.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the Monstera.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Monstera deliciosa
Special features: Large-leaved indoor plant for warm, bright and humid areas.
Other Mostera species:
After knowing how easy it is to care for this gorgeous indoor plant, don’t you think its time to buy monstera online from etree.pk now.