Description for Asiatic Lilies (Mix Color)
These are great for forcing to bloom indoors. Flowers are mostly up-facing. Generally, it takes 90 to 100 days to bloom. Lilies are tall perennials ranging in height from 2 to 6 ft. The flowers are large, often fragrant, and come in a wide range of colors including whites, yellows, oranges, pinks, reds, and purples. Markings include spots and brush strokes. Flowers are borne in racemes or umbels at the tip of the stem, with six tepals.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Asiatic lily||Mix color||Early Spring and sometimes into July||Up to 18 cm (Bulb), 2 to 6 feet (Plant)||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
It should be planted in Fall/Spring. A suitable soil proportion should be 2 parts sandy loam, 2 parts peat and 1 part sand. Garden planting depth should be 6 to 8 inches and for container planting, depth should be 4 to 6 inches. The spacing between 2 bulbs can be kept 6 to 8 inches. Lilies need to be kept moist during their growing cycle and one way of conserving water is by mulching.
|Full sun, partial shade||Well Drained, Healthy Loam||Moderate||13 to 24 degrees C||Use any organic fertilizer.|
Caring for Asiatic Lilies
- Protect from hot sun and hot winds.
- It prefers a cooler, more sheltered position.
- Keep soil moist but do not allow wet feet, so the soil needs to be open and well drained.
- Lilies should be fertilized at least twice during their growing cycle.
- Fertilize your plants with a slow release food in the early Spring.
- Remove old flower heads once flowers fade to promote bulb growth.
Spring or summer
Typical uses of Asiatic Lilies
Special features: Flowers
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: It is a particularly long life as a cut flower. They are also perfect for container growing or landscape border plantings.
Medicinal use: NA
There are no reviews yet.